Carbon County Recreation Board 2018-2019 Online Grant Application NOW Available!
2018-2019 Online Grant Application is now available and accepting applications apply today!
Procedures for Funding
1. Completed applications, with necessary attachments, must be submitted to the CCSD#1 Recreation Board no later than March 15. If your grant is incomplete, it will be returned without registration of date submitted.
2. Completed applications must be submitted through our online platform located at:
3. A representative of each organization must be present at the April meeting of the CCSD# 1 Recreation Board for a presentation. The meeting will be the second Monday, but if the number of requests warrants, an additional meeting may be set.
4.The Recreation Board will submit its ratified budget to the CCSD#1 Board of Trustees for approval at its July meeting after which applicants will be notified of being funded or denied.
5. All requests for payments on funded projects must be accompanied by our voucher and itemized statements and receipts of expenses paid. Requests must be received by the 1st of the month to be paid that month. As per board policy, we will not make payments for items not approved in the original grant.
6. Excess funds from one time expenditures will not be eligible for carryover.
Statement of Philosophy
“To improve the quality of life for residents of Carbon County School District #1 through recreation.”
The objective is to provide indoor and outdoor recreation opportunities throughout CCSD#1 which support and assist communities, nondiscriminatory nonprofit and governmental agencies and organizations. To qualify for funding, you must be within CCSD#1.
We welcome input on planning and management of recreation facilities and programs. Instructions have been provided for your convenience – including a sample cover page, check list, procedures and an explanation to help you understand our grant process. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact a board member.
Prioritization order: 1) equipment, 2) events, 3) capital facilities or improvements – taking into consideration number of residents served, need of the project, and matching funds or fund-raisers to assist with funding.
Acknowledgement must be given to the CCSD#1 Rec Board in all advertisement or printed materials. Failure to do so will result in future funding being denied.
Understanding the Grant Request For the Carbon County School District # 1 Recreation Board
1. Priority order: 1) equipment, 2) events, 3) capital facilities or improvements. Grants must be for next fiscal year (July to December). Grants not complying will be eliminated.
2. Money approved will not be available until January or July of the next fiscal year.
3. The Recreation Board will meet in May to determine allocations for each grant.
4. Approved agencies will receive 2 copies of the contract that must be signed and returned.
We will apply our signatures and return one to the agency, placing the other in our file.
5. Agencies must receive an “official release of funds” before actually spending any money.
6. Acknowledgement must be given to the CCSD#1Rec Board in all advertisement or printed materials. Failure to do so will result in future funding being denied.
7. Payment will be made only to those submitting the approved voucher with itemized statements and receipts of expenses for items included in the approved grant. Vouchers must be received by the 1st of the month to be paid that month.
Understanding Request for ongoing Recreation Programs Request for funds from the ongoing recreation program
1. Requests should be for smaller unexpected items or additional projects that come up after the regular grant cycle in March.
2. Requests can only be made from August 1 to February 28.
3. Request must be received before the first of the month.
4. Agencies will be heard the month the request is received and voted at the next month’s regular meeting.