Carbon County School District One in Rawlins, Wyoming is looking for a Business Manager. APPLY today
An Equal Opportunity Employer
POSITION: Business Manager
LOCATION: Carbon County School District #1
SALARY: $85,750 minimum; salary dependent on education and experience
CLOSING DATE: When Filled
QUALIFICATIONS: Under the direction of the Superintendent of Schools, the Business Manager shall administer all aspects of the school district financial and business operations, following the policies provided by the Board of Education. The Business Manager provides leadership, planning, and management of and for the CCSD#1 Business Office and is responsible for business and financial management of the District to ensure financial stability. Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field or be within one year of possessing a degree with 5 years similar experience.
- Administer the school district’s business operations in conformity with the adopted policies of the Board, state and federal laws and regulations, and all other laws and regulations.
- Manage and delegate monthly transactions related to purchased goods and services, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, general and special funds, and all other business services.
- Develop consistent financial reporting to include monthly and yearly comparisons of expenditures, receipts, costs, and other transactions to adequately communicate the financial state of the district, including the completion of an annual external audit in accordance with law and Board policy.
- Keep current with federal and state laws impacting the school district’s business operations and accounting standards, as well as proposed legislation impacting financial operations and school management developments, by attending conferences and other professional development activities.
- Develop internal control guidelines and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
- Complete, or oversee the completion of, within the scope of the Business Manager’s responsibilities, all reports and forms required by the Wyoming Department of Education and other governmental agencies on or before applicable due dates.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information concerning staff, students, and parents in accordance with law and District rules.
- Perform other tasks or duties as assigned by the Board of Education or Superintendent.
Please see attached job description for additional details and requirements.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.crb1.net under the Employment tab.
For additional Information:
CARBON COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT #1
JOB TITLE: Business Manager
REPORTS TO: Superintendent of Schools DEAPRTMENT: Business Office
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Superintendent of Schools, the Business Manager shall administer all aspects of the school district financial and business operations, following the policies provided by the Board of Education. The Business Manager provides leadership, planning, and management of and for the CCSD#1 Business Office and is responsible for business and financial management of the District to ensure financial stability.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of SPECIAL EDUCATION CASE MANAGER:
1. Serve as a leader of the financial operations of the school district and as a positive contributing member of the administrative team.
2. Administer the development and maintenance of financial operations designed to carry out the mission, goals, and policies of the Board of Education.
3. Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
4. Advise the Superintendent on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
5. Provide direction and assistance at all levels and departments regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
6. Coordinate and direct the financial planning, budgeting, procurement, or investment activities of the school district.
7. Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
8. Conduct fiscal planning to include forecasting anticipated revenue, expenditures, and needs to ensure sound financial operations and no unexpected budget deficits.
9. Prepare the annual budget for Board approval, acting under the direction of the Superintendent and in accordance with legal requirements and Board policies. Prepare and timely file the annual budget and associated reports, forms, and tax requests with state and local officials in accordance with Board action and state law and regulations. Administer the adopted budget in accordance with legal requirements and adopted Board policies. Assist other district personnel in the development of budget planning to support Board policy and goals.
10. Assist in the search, development, and submission of grant proposals and other ava 14. Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards, as well as proposed legislation impacting financial preparations of the school district, and inform the Superintendent of significant developments in these areas.
15. Provide long-term planning to guide Board policy development, present recommendations for the adoption or revision of Board policies, communicate Board policies to personnel, students, and the public, and ensure through delegation to staff that all policies of the Board are implemented.
16. Direct, supervise, and evaluate employees performing financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budgeting duties and others for whom the Business Manager is responsible.
17. Lead staff training and development for all district administrators in budgeting and financial management areas.
18. Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
1. Maintain a positive attitude that supports the District Mission.
2. Maintain a positive and supportive relationship with all people in the workplace.
3. Be responsible for acceptable personal attendance and punctuality.
4. Accept responsibility for the identified job description and continually strive to perform work of the highest quality.
5. Responsible for adhering to the rules and regulations of Special Education Federal, State, and District policies and regulations.
Education, License, Certification or Formal Training:
1. Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or other related field OR be within one year of finishing Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience in a similar position.
2. Master’s Degree or CPA designation is preferred.
3. Three year’s successful work experience in school finance and/or auditing.
4. Successful experience in a supervisory capacity preferred.
5. Experience with software and operations of computerized financial accounting systems. Equipment Used: Computer, calculator, telephone, copier, projector Physical Demands: Possess visual acuity and stamina to work at a desk for various portions of the day. Be physically able to attend meetings and remain attentive for a length of time without a break. Ability to accurately take handwritten or typed notes during “real-time” meetings. Ability to work under fluorescent lights.
Carbon County School District One does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, political affiliation, religion, or belief in relation to admission, treatment of students, access to programs and activities, or terms and conditions of employment. Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title IX, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 or ADA may be referred to the Civil Rights/504/ADA Coordinator, Carbon County School District One, 615 Rode, Rawlins, Wyoming 82301, (307)328-9200: the Wyoming Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights Coordinator, 2 nd Floor, Hathaway Building, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82002-0050, (307)777-6198; or the Office for Civil Rights, Region VIII, U. S. Department of Education, Federal Office Building, Suite 310, 1244 Speer Blvd., Denver, Colorado 80204-3582, (303)844-5695, TDD (303)844-3417.