Carbon1 Parent/Guardians - COVID-19 Update
Hello, Carbon County School District One Parents/Guardians,
I want to thank all of you for your patience and cooperation as we have all been dealing with the recent health crisis and how it has impacted life here in Carbon County. I want you to know CCSD1 personnel are working hard in a number of different areas and our commitment to support our families and to provide quality educational services to students has not changed; rather, it has changed form. This communication is meant to provide you with up to date information. I wish I could share with you a firm date when we will be re-opening the schools, but I cannot do that at this time. We are still hopeful for a re-opening on April 6, but we are also working hard on contingency plans should we need to continue providing educational services via a distance platform.
As a matter of update:
- Food service has been delivering meals on a daily basis to all students. They are providing both a breakfast and a lunch to students. The locations and times of the stops are posted on our website at www.crb1.net.
- CCSD1 professional staff are working hard to provide ongoing educational services to all students. At the moment, this work is considered supplemental. However, should the closure be extended we will change that approach. We strongly encourage all parents to work with their child in learning how to interact with the educational process via this distance platform so IF the closure is extended they will be as prepared as possible to be successful.
- If your child has an IEP you should have already been contacted by school personnel about how we can best make sure services are provided in accordance with the IEP or about how we can mutually agree to alter those services to best support your child during the closure.
- All parents should have been contacted to verify whether their child has a device to use for educational purposes. If your child does not have a device and you have not been contacted, please contact your child’s school for assistance in this regard.
- The days between March 16 and April 3, in accordance with the direction provided by the Wyoming Department of Education, will not need to be made up.
- Spring Break for all Rawlins schools will still take place the week of March 30. Food will not be delivered during Spring Break. Educational activities will not take place either.
- Spring Break for LSRV students and staff are not scheduled during this temporary closure and more information will be forthcoming.
Should you have any questions, or should you need any assistance, please call your child’s school or central administration.
Again, I want to thank all of you for your patience, support, and cooperation this past week as we have tried to organize supports as quickly as possible.
Carbon County School District One